FATIMA CELL PROGRAM FOR APRIL
DEVOTION TO THE BLESSED SACRAMENT. The example of the Angel of Portugal and his exhortation to sacrifice, adoration,
reparation to Our Divine Lord in the Holy Eucharist.
Frequent and fervent Holy Communions, Eucharistic Vigils, perpetual adoration, visits to Our "Hidden Jesus", spiritual Communions.
Promotion of devotion to the Holy Eucharist.
Great gratitude for the Blessed Sacrament, our Greatest Treasure!
OPENING PRAYERS: * Come Holy Ghost *
The Rosary with meditation on each mystery
* The Litany of Our Lady of Loreto *
Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
* Prayer to St. Joseph after the Rosary * Seasonal Hymn
* Prayer to Our Lady of Good Counsel
MEDITATION: * from "My Imitation of Christ"; or
The Glories of Mary on the Immaculate Conception.
STUDY & DISCUSS: * Officer's reports; Cell Memos; apostolic action projects.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: In preparation for Holy Week, discuss the first half of the article on
The Easter Vigil
(10 min. report, 5 min. discussion). Reference: See link above.
- THE ANGEL OF PORTUGAL AND THE BLESSED SACRAMENT: Review his exhortation to sacrifice, adoration of the Most Holy Trinity,
adoration and reparation to Our Divine Lord in the Most Holy Eucharist, etc. Show appreciation for your "Hidden Jesus."
Make fervent acts of faith, hope and love while praying the
Fatima Prayers taught us by the Angel of Portugal
(10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 121.
- COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: St. Herman Joseph of Cologne (April 7);
St. Leo the Great (April 11);
St. Hermenegild (April 13);
St. Justin Martyr (April 14);
St. Leo IX (April 19). How do the lives of these saints
inspire us to a more perfect living of our Holy Catholic Faith and our Consecration to our Immaculate Mother, the Queen of Heaven?
Choose two or three saints from the list above; briefly review their holy lives, and the lessons and virtues we should learn from them.
Discuss practical ways in which their virtues can be reproduced in our own daily lives (10 min. report & discussion).
Reference: See links above.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Discuss the second half of the article on
The Easter Vigil
(10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See link above.
- MARY QUEEN OF ALL HEARTS: Discuss devotion to Our Lady under this title and the history of the pilgrimage shrine in Quebec
(10 min. report, 5 min. discussion).
Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 142.
- PASSIONTIDE AND HOLY WEEK: Review any of the articles on Passiontide and Holy Week (10-15 min. report & reflection).
Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 136;
Holy Thursday and
The Good Friday Veneration of the Cross.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the articles
Ancient Customs of Easter Sunday, Ancient Customs of the Easter Octave
and The Greater Litanies
(10 min. report, 5 min. discussion). Reference: See links above.
- MARY IN DOCTRINE AND DEVOTION: Review the articles, Mary and the Resurrection of Jesus and
Mother of Good Counsel (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion.)
Reference: See links above.
- COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Choose two or three saints from the list below; briefly review their holy lives,
and the lessons and virtues we should learn from them. Discuss practical ways in which their virtues can be reproduced in our own
daily lives: St. Anselm (April 21);
St. Konrad of Parzham (April 22); St. George (April 23);
St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen (April 24); St. Peter Kanisius (April 27); St. Louis Marie de Montfort (April 28);
St. Peter of Verona (April 29)
(10 min. report and reflection). Reference: The Fourteen Holy Helpers by Fr. Hammer; see links above.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the articles on the
Liturgy of Low Sunday and the Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross
(10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See links above.
- SAINT JOSEPH THE WORKER: "Ite ad Joseph." "Got to Joseph." Discuss the dual significance of this Feast:
that St. Joseph is the Patron in the Battle Against Communism and that he is a special patron for
every vocation in life (10 min. report & discussion). Reference: : Article on St. Joseph the Worker in
Salve Maria Regina No. 92; article – "
The Advantages of Taking St. Joseph as a Special Patron";
article on "The Power of St. Joseph" in
Salve Maria Regina No. 142.
- COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Discuss the life of St. Athanasius – May 2
(10 min. report and reflection). Reference: See link above.
CLOSING PRAYERS: Prayer to Mary, Queen of All Hearts ...
The Fatima Prayers ...
Hymn: 1 or 2 verses from The Devout Slave of Jesus in Mary by St. Louis Marie de Montfort
LEAFLET OF THE MONTH: The Angel of Portugal.
CELL PLAN OF APOSTOLIC ACTION FOR APRIL
* Make an act of love and devtion to your Mother and Queen at every hour.
* Adoration, reparation, total consecration
* Conversion of sinners, salvation of souls ... * To promote the Message of Fatima
- Live the Liturgy – special observance of Holy Week (April 13-19) and Easter Week (April 20-26).
- Frequently recite the prayers of the Angel of Portugal, especially before the Blessed Sacrament, in reparation for the sins of mankind and in gratitude for this great Gift of His Real Presence.
- Holy Thursday : participate in the Eucharistic Vigil of Adoration. Good Friday – Holy Saturday: spend these days in profound recollection upon the great sacrifices of our Savior God Crucified and our Most Sorrowful Mother.
- Daily devotions in honor of the Resurrection throughout the Paschal Season (of fifty days), and endeavoring to rise with Our Divine Lord to a new life of grace, gratitude and fidelity.
- Novena and special observance of the Feasts of Mary, Queen of All Hearts and Our Lady of Good Counsel; commending especially the growth of the Fatima Cell Movement, and for the perseverance of the Remnant Faithful, determined to remain obedient to the doctrines and traditions of the One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church without compromise!
- Make visits to hospitals and homes for the elderly. Console them with spiritual encouragement; distribute Fatima pledges, brown scapulars, Miraculous Medals, Sacred Heart badges, and leaflets to those open to receiving and using these spiritual aids.
- Make a diligent effort to distribute copies of Salve Mara Regina to souls who may be open to the traditional Catholic Faith. Take a special collection to purchase additional issues for apostolic use.