FATIMA CELL PROGRAM FOR FEBRUARY
THE HOLY CHILDHOOD OF JESUS. Jesus, having been found by His Parents in the Temple, answered their loving concern with the
simple words: "Did you not know that I must be about the work of My Father?" Yet, Jesus then "went down to Nazareth and was subject to them."
Rather than spending His Childhood and Adolescence in manifesting His Divine Power, He, Wisdom Incarnate, deigned to teach mankind, by His own example, the sublime
virtues of humility, obedience, simplicity, and hiddenness, which so endear us to the Eternal Father. Later He said: "Unless you be converted and
become as little children, you shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven." This sublime lesson is reflected in the apparitions of Our Lady at Fatima,
as she made the exclusive choice of three uneducated shepherd children, entrusting to them the crucial of the twentieth century.
As we meditate upon the profound humility of the Son of God-made-Man in His blessed Childhood, let us also be resolved to imitate the
simplicity, humility, and faith of Francisco and Jacinta, as we strive to "be about the work of our Father" (our own sanctification),
fervently living the message of Fatima!
THE HOLY FACE OF JESUS. As we make the transition from the joy of the Christmas-Epiphany season to the somber
reflections of Septuagesima and Lent, the comeliness of the "most beautiful of the sons of men" gives way to the horrible disfigurement
which He suffered in His bitter Passion. There are few devotions, which are as effective as looking upon the Face of Jesus in His sufferings,
to make us realize, as did Francisco and Jacinta, the terrible price which He paid for our sins. We would understand, in looking upon His agony,
that "He is already too much offended." Rather than turn away away (as hollow Christians do) with repugnance from the disfigured
Countenance of our Crucified Master, let us learn to "make everything that we do a sacrifice", as the Angel of Portugal counseled the three
Fatima children. Let us console Our Lord by making reparation to His Most Sacred and Tender, but also sadly, Pierced and Bleeding Heart.
OPENING PRAYERS: * Come Holy Ghost *
The Rosary with meditation on each mystery
* The Litany of Our Lady of Loreto *
Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
* Prayer to St. Joseph after the Rosary * The Lourdes Ave
* Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes
MEDITATION: * from "My Imitation of Christ"; or
The Glories of Mary on the Immaculate Conception.
STUDY & DISCUSS: * Officer's reports; Cell Memos; reading of the
Salve Maria Regina Bulletin.
- THE LITURGICAL YEAR: Review the Liturgical Feast of the
Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary (February 2 -- Candlemas Day), together with the Blessing of Candles and Procession
(10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See link above.
- TITLES OF OUR LADY FROM THE LITANY OF LORETO: In light of the Holy Childhood of Jesus (see Themes above),
review the titles of Our Lady:
Mother of Our Creator and
Mother of Our Savior. (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See links above.
- COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: We cannot hope to dwell one day in the Heavenly Court of Our Immaculate Queen unless we strive
diligently in the pursuit of holiness. The blessed who already dwell in Her Heavenly Court are inspirations for us in this pursuit
of that life of holiness to which Jesus calls us.
Among them: St. John of Matha;
St. Cyril of Alexandria;
St. Scholastica; Seven Holy Founders of the Servites;
St. Bernadette Soubirous. (Choose two or three of the Saints listed for a 10-15 min. report and reflection).
Reference: See links above.
- THE LITURGICAL YEAR: Review the article, Eve of Septuagesima –
Suspension of the Alleluia (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion).
Reference: See link above.
- MARIAN SHRINES AND APPARITIONS: Discuss the article, The La Salette Controversy –
Part VII (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion).
Reference: See link above.
- OUR LADY OF LOURDES: Discuss the beautiful story of the apparitions to
St. Bernadette in France in 1858; Our Lady's urgent request for penance; and the important spiritual healing we may obtain through Her intercession.
It was also in this apparition that Our Lady again made known the importance of the Rosary, and affirmed the Church's teaching on Her Immaculate Conception
(10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 97;
Excerpt from Ineffabilis Deus, Defining the Immaculate Conception.
- THE TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC LITURGY: Review the article,
The Season of Septuagesima (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See link above.
- THE SORROWS OF MARY: Review the First Three Sorrows of Our Lady, which are commemorated this Month (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion).
Reference: Excerpts from The Glories of Mary on Our Lady's Sorrows.
- COURT OF OUR HEAVENLY QUEEN: Choose two or three of the Saints listed:
Ven. Jacinta Marto; St. Peter Damian;
St. Matthias; St. Gabriel of the Sorrowful Virgin; St. Margaret of Cortona;
Ven. Francisco Marto.
Discuss briefly the lessons learned and virtues taught by their lives, and how to practically apply these virtues in our own daily lives
(10 min. report and reflection). Reference:
Resolutions of St. Gabriel of the Sorrowful Virgin; see other links above.
- THE LITURGICAL YEAR: Review the article,
Origin of the 40 Hours Devotion (10 min. report; 5 min. discussion). Reference: See link above.
- TITLES OF OUR LADY FROM THE LITANY OF LORETO: Discuss the Title,
Queen of Patriarchs. (10 min. report; 10 min. discussion).
Reference: See link above.
- THE HOLY FACE OF JESUS: There are few devotions which are as effective as looking upon the Face of Jesus in His sufferings
to make us realize, as did Francisco and Jacinta, the terrible price which He paid for our sins.
Discuss the importance of this devotion, in light of the upcoming Season of Lent (5-10 min. report and discussion).
Reference: Salve Maria Regina No. 119.
CLOSING PRAYERS: Prayer in honor of the Holy Face of Jesus . . .
The Fatima Prayers . . . Hymn, O Sanctissima
LEAFLETS OF THE MONTH: Living our Scapular Consecration
CELL PLAN OF APOSTOLIC ACTION FOR FEBRUARY
* Encourage veneration of the Miraculous Medal by example.
* Make an act of love and devtion to Our Immaculate Queen at every hour.
* To promote the Message of Fatima ... * Sanctification of self, family, neighbor
* Conversion of sinners, salvation of souls ... * Adoration, reparation, total consecration
- Eucharistic all-night vigil on First Friday/Saturday of the month.
- Special observance of the Feasts of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Presentation of Our Lord in the Temple –
which is the liturgical end of the Christmas-Epiphany Season, Our Lady of Lourdes, The Flight into Egypt, St. Bernadette Soubirous,
and St. Peter's Chair at Antioch (refer to Calendar).
- Novena to Our Lady of Lourdes for the growth of the Fatima Cell Movement, and for the perseverance of the remnant flock determined to
remain faithful to the doctrines and traditions of the One, Holy, Catholic Apostolic Church, and Her legitimate Apostolic Authority.
- Distribute with confidence the Medal of the Immaculate Conception as a most powerful instrument of grace.
(Our Lady of Lourdes said: "I am the Immaculate Conception.") Wear it faithfully as a sign of your membership in Our Lady of Fatima Crusade.
Venerate it often (for example: every hour with the invocation.)
- Family Practice: Obtain a picture of the Holy Face of Jesus (available from the Fatima Cell Center) and put it in a
place of honor in your home, so that you may always strive to keep before your eyes the great Price of our Redemption.
- Make visits to hospitals and homes for the elderly. Brighten their day with spiritual encouragement and distribute Fatima pledges,
Brown Scapulars, Miraculous Medals, and leaflets to those open to receiving these spiritual aids and making good use of them.
Explain to them the great value of offering their sufferings for the missions of the Religious and the work of the Fatima Crusade,
for the conversion of sinners and the salvation of souls.
- Form a Rosary group in retirement homes, convalescent homes, etc. As an act of true love of neighbor, visit some shut-in or lonely,
elderly person every week and pray the Rosary with them.
- Personal resolve: Plan your personal program of prayer and penance for the upcoming Season of Lent,
in union with the Sorrows of Our Immaculate Mother, and the bitter Passion of Our Divine Lord. Make it practical.
Make it devout but simple, so that you will be faithful to it!